Friday, August 8, 2014

It IS About the Bike

My ride 2 weeks ago on the Virginia Creeper Trail was a good for me in more ways than one. First of all it allowed me the opportunity to ride one of America's best rail/trails with great company. It also forced me to get the bike out of the shed, put air in the tires and get it ready to ride on. Since I've gotten it rideable again (though I need to get a new saddle) I've been riding to work. Yes, today was the first day since the end of my furlough that I did not ride to work. It was pouring rain at departure time and so I opted to drive. (I know I am a fair weather bicycle commuter!) I also got motivated to put in my application for the federal bicycle transportation subsidy.

Now I know the ride is short at about 1.4 miles. However the route is on some narrow road with blind curves and features 2 pretty good climbs. Since I used to walk to work but was told "people around here don't walk", I wonder what drivers think of my cycling? 
Create Maps or search from 80 million at MapMyRide

No comments: