Friday, August 21, 2026

White River National Forest: Hoosier Pass Loop

 This morning I awoke in the campground to morning light bathing Peak One in alpenglow.


I packed up camp and then made my way through Breckenridge and up to Hoosier Pass.


 From the pass I started a nice, short hike making a loop on Forest Roads and the Crystal Lake Trail. I passed by some dispersed camping sites in a wooded area at the start of the hike, but soon climbed up to some great views.


As I continued to follow the road, views opened up to Quandary Peak.



Soon, I found the Crystal Lake Trail, a steep, gravelly climb. Towards the top of the climb was a mine shaft and amazing view.


I picked up another dirt road here and started to descend back to Hoosier Pass. There were amazing views up into a basin surrounded by high peaks. It appears to be called Platte Gulch.





Once back at the car, I drove to I-70 and headed east out of the mountains. I made a lunch stop at Westbound and Down, then descended into the heat of the plains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment