I've spent a lot of time exploring Colorado, but I haven't really spent much time in Denver, especially downtown Denver. Today, I decided to do some exploring to change that. I took the light rail from Littleton-Mineral Station to Union Station and set off on foot. I had hoped to find a dynamic city with lots of energy like two cities I have recently visited: New York and Philadelphia. However, I found Denver to be a bit underwhelming. A report I recently read says that about 40% of Denver's downtown office space is currently vacant, which I am sure is part of the reason why it felt like there wasn't much going on down there. Anyway, here's what I saw:
![]() |
| Light rail at Union Station |
![]() |
| An art installation outside Union Station |
![]() |
| Union Station |
![]() |
| Wazee Street |
![]() |
| Larimer Square |
![]() |
| relaxing on Larimer Square with a coffee |
![]() |
| A sculpture at the Denver Center for Performing Arts |
![]() |
| Denver Convention Center |
![]() |
| The top of the Denver City and County Building |
![]() |
| The Denver City and County Center |
![]() |
| his guy asked me to take his photo, so I obliged |
![]() |
| Colorado Capitol Building steps |
![]() |
| The City and County Building from State Capitol |
![]() |
| Colorado State Capitol Building |
![]() |
| Fox Squirrel gathering mulch |
![]() |
| Pioneer Mothers of Colorado Monument |
![]() |
| One of many interesting murals |
![]() |
| The new Larry Walker statue outside of Coor's Field |
![]() |
| Shipping container art |
![]() |
| Rhino sculpture in RiNo |
![]() |
| interesting van |
![]() |
| RiNo mural |
![]() |
| another RiNo mural |
![]() |
| Popeye |
![]() |
| Swan mural |
![]() |
| egret in the South Platte River |
![]() |
| owl mural |
My favorite part of the city that I explored was Five Points where I grabbed lunch at Shake Shack and got a couple beers at Our Mutual Friend. Otherwise, I wasn't too impressed.





























No comments:
Post a Comment