Thursday, August 26, 2021

Green Mountain Loop Hike in Boulder, Colorado

Last night I camped at the Clear Lake Campground off of the Guanella Pass Road. I awoke around 6 am this morning and packed up camp. After getting a fast food breakfast in Idaho Springs, I drove north through Nederland and into Boulder for today's adventure, a loop hike up Green Mountain. After parking off of Baseline Road, 


I made my way over to the Gregory Canyon Trailhead and the ascent up the steep Gregory Canyon.


At the intersection with the Ranger Trail, I stopped for a break at the Green Mountain Lodge.


Then, it was more climbing up towards the summit of Green Mountain. Along the way views opened up to the mountains to the north.


Soon enough, I found myself at the summit where there is a large cairn topped by a mountain finder.


I enjoyed the view for a few minutes, 


then took a selfie


 before making the long descent back to the car. 

I drove to Longmont for lunch at Oskar Blues, then headed through Fort Collins on my way home. 

No comments: