Friday, November 3, 2023

Roosevelt National Forest: Triangle Mountain

This morning I made the long drive down through Loveland and west along the Big Thompson River to a pull off of County Road 43 just outside of Glen Haven, Colorado. My destination, an unofficial trail up to the summit of Triangle Mountain. I arrived at the trailhead and immediately started a steep climb. Soon, I had some pretty nice views of the surrounding mountains and the road where I had started.



The trail climbed pretty steeply, but continued to offer views far out into Rocky Mountain National Park.



I continued the climb and soon enough found myself on the summit of Triangle Mountain. Clouds swirled around the high peaks to the west.



I set up my camera and took a short timelapse video of the clouds rolling across the landscape.


After about a half hour, it was time to start making my way back to the car. The scenery was just as stunning on the way down.


No comments: