Friday, October 30, 2009

A Walking Tour of Duluth, Minnesota

It was raining pretty hard this morning, but a little bit after noon the sun came out. I felt I just had to take advantage of the sunshine, and so I grabbed Parker's leash and treats and we headed out the door for a long walk. I didn't really have a destination in mind when we first set out, but then I decided to check out the park with gazebo I'd seen a few days previously when driving along Mesaba. It turns out the park's name is Cascade Park, and while I did not see any cascades in the park, it did offer wonderful views of Duluth.
Cascade Park Gazebo

From Cascade Park, Parker and I headed further down the big hill to the Lakewalk and Canal Park. We had great timing too. We got there just as a 1,000 footer passed through the canal, and then we got to see a much shorter ship pass through as well. Parker seemed to enjoy the walking and he got a lot of attention from the people in the park as well.


Beluga Fidelity



From Cascade park it was a long uphill walk (a bit tough for Parker) back home. When we got there we were treated to the sight of a rainbow!

No comments: