Saturday, October 24, 2009

Wisconsin Point


It was beautiful this morning, so I decided to go or a hike. I wanted to stay somewhat close to home and so decided on Wisconsin Point, a short drive away in Superior. I quickly grabbed my pack and drove off in the car, across the Blatnik Bridge and into Wisconsin. The drive was a little bit longer than I had expected, but the blue skies and relatively warm temperatures made today a great day for a hike. Despite the fact that it is Saturday, I saw few people as I hiked along the beach.


My destination was the Wisconsin Point Lighthouse. As I walked it seemed that no matter how much I hiked, the lighthouse got no further. I guess the walking on sand made the walking a bit more strenuous than I expected. After about an hour and a half I had made it. I walked out on the rocky breakwater to the lighthouse itself and then back to the beach. On the walk back I checked out the Ojibwe Burial Ground and then walked along the road and faint trails back to the car.

No comments: