Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Willard Munger Trail: Jay Cooke State Park to Atkinson

I got on a bicycle for the first time since April today. It had been too long, but it was nice to go for a ride on the Willard Munger Trail. I started my ride at the River Inn Visitor Center at Jay Cooke State Park and rode up the Forbay Trail to the Willard Munger Trail.

Once on the Munger Trail I headed north to where I ended my last ride on the trail, at the weird hollow column with the graffiti inside. Then I turned around and headed south.

The scenery to Carlton was great; riding past the tilted rock formations and over the St. Louis River on an old railroad trestle. There were plenty of late summer wildflowers along the side of the trail.

I stopped in Carlton to use the restroom and got some food at the Little Store before resuming my ride. I ended up riding to the small town of Atkinson where I rested in the grass to the side of the trail before turning around and heading back north.

No comments: