Friday, July 12, 2024

Philadelphia's Rail Park

 Yesterday, Sierra and I flew from Alliance, Nebraska to Denver and from Denver to Philadelphia.


We stayed with my sister for the night and this morning we drove into the city to do a little exploring. We checked out Reading Terminal Market for a bit and then Sierra and I headed over to the Rail Park. 

I had never been there before and have been itching to check it out for some time now. With drizzle falling from the sky, we pretty much had the place to ourselves (other than the two men arguing loudly).



My impression: it's way shorter than I had realized. I knew that the first phase of construction was just a small portion of the overall plans for the abandoned rail line. However, the opened portion is only about three blocks long. Highlights included the native plantings,


and the artwork seen along the way, especially Stamp of Incarceration by Shepard Fairey.


I look forward to returning to the Rail Park in the future when a longer section of the old rail line is officially open to the public!

No comments: