Friday, October 12, 2018

Superior National Forest: North Dark River Trail

After my short hike on the Sturgeon River Trail today, I was in the mood for another short walk. I opted to hike the North Dark River Trail as last week Noelle, Sierra and I had hiked the South Dark River Trail. I crossed the Dark River on a bridge
and shortly thereafter found the parking lot and trailhead for the hike. It was a pleasant walk in the snowy woods along the edge of a small canyon carved out by the Dark River.
There were a few side trails that led down to the river
and lots of overlooks of the gorge through the trees.
I made my way to an old road and then made a left onto it to get back to the trailhead.

The road passed through a pine plantation on the way,
before leading me back to the start of the hike.
It was a short but interesting hike.

No comments: