Friday, April 22, 2022

The Great Stupa of Dharmakaya

 After my hike of Mount Margaret, I decided to check out the Great Stupa of Dharmakaya on the campus of the nearby Drala Mountain Center. It was a short drive to the trailhead for the hike to the Stupa.


The Drala Mountain Center, formerly known as Shambala Mountain Center, was heavily impacted by the Cameron Pass Fire in 2020. There is still a lot of evidence of the fire to be seen along the trail. Honestly, it's not the most exciting hike to the Stupa. Really just a walk through the campus. It was really interesting to catch my first view of the Stupa though.


The trail turned a corner and there it was. I walked around the stupa and sat on a bench in an aspen grove to enjoy the view.


I went inside to have a quick look.


Then, I made my way back to the car for the drive home. On the way, I stopped at the Sparge Brewery in Wellington to pick up a couple of crowlers. You can see the brewery right from Interstate 25 headed south from Cheyenne. The beers I picked up were pretty decent.

No comments: