Monday, December 7, 2009

Gooseberry Falls State Park: Hiking Club Trail & Two Harbors



Today I had the urge to do some more hiking. I had to work at 6pm so I decided to get a relatively early start. I woke up, ate breakfast and then hit the road to Gooseberry Falls. I hiked the short, 2 mile Hiking Club Trail there. The trail was somewhat interesting and I'd never been on it before. It climbed up to a plateau with views overlooking the Gooseberry River and Lake Superior. The hike also contained an interesting piece of history, an old outhouse that is reputed to be the last remaining CCC camp toilet.

After completing my hike, I still had plenty of time before I had to be at work. I decided to head into Two Harbors and check out the Lakewalk Trail.
Two Harbors Lighthouse

Two Harbors Ore Docks

I had been on part of it before in the summer of 2005 when we were up for a friend's wedding. This time was colder, but I did get to spend more time exploring a bit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great pictures
Cheers