Thursday, June 25, 2015

Johnson City Cardinals vs. Kingsport Mets at Howard Johnson Field

With Noelle and Sierra out of town to visit with her sister-in-law and nephews who are in the States for a visit from Germany, I thought I would take advantage of my temporary freedom from daddy duties to go to a baseball game. It was the home opener for the Johnson City Cardinals, and so I made the drive up to Howard Johnson Field to see some baseball.

Let me start off by saying that I was not too impressed with Howard Johnson Field. While all the seats are extremely close to the playing field,
the danger of getting hit by a foul ball has been minimized by netting and chain-link fence around the entire playing field. It made for a distracting time trying to follow the action on the playing field as the fence posts were often in my field of view. The quality of baseball was an issue to some extent.
This game was certainly not a pitcher's duel! However, it was fun to see a few homeruns. It was also interesting to sit so close to the Cardinals bullpen.

In the end, the home team lost 10 to 8 to the nearby rival Kingsport Mets. 
I stayed until there was one out in the bottom of the 9th inning, but decided to leave a little bit early to beat the traffic and make the drive back to Greeneville.

No comments: