Saturday, April 6, 2019

International Falls Every Street Project: Day 2

Today I finally got around to continuing my "Every Street Project" here in I-Falls. Today's route took me from my front door and up 5th Avenue to 4th Street. I made a right onto 4th Street to run a section of that street that I had missed during my last run. When I got to 2nd Avenue, I ran a short section of that road to where I had run last week and then turned around. I ran past the "Welcome to Minnesota" sign on 2nd Avenue,
and then turned left onto 3rd Street, International Falls' "Main Street".

On 3rd Street I ran past the downtown shops and businesses, then passed Smoky Bear.
I continued on 3rd Street until I reached 12th Avenue, where I made a right. Then it was a quick right onto 2nd Street through a very pleasant neighborhood. I continued on 2nd Street, passing the paper mill.
I made a quick detour towards the International Bridge,
turned around and headed back to 3rd Street. From there I weaved back and forth to run on sections of street I had previously missed, passing a neat mural on 3rd Avenue outside of City Drug.
Soon enough I was back on 5th Avenue where I passed the Alano Club on my way back home.
Altogether, a run of 2.88 miles. Not bad for run #2 of my project.

No comments: