Thursday, September 17, 2020

Nebraska National Forest: Eagles Eye Rock

Today was another Nebraska peak-begging day. First on my list was an ascent of Eagles Eye Rock in the Nebraska National Forest near Hudson Meng Bison Bonebed. I made the drive out the gravel road to another road with an ominous warning sign. 


I parked nearby and started my hike up the road. 


Eventually the road ended and I came to a trail. 


Really the trail is just a section of the road that has been closed to vehicular traffic.  The trail climbed steeply and offered great view down to the plains below. 

At the top of the ridge the trail became less obvious, marked periodically by diamond blazes attached to posts.

There was a tangle of fallen trees at a bump of land. 


I assumed that this was the summit of Eagles Eye Rock and so I tagged the summit and then made my descent back to the car.

No comments: