Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wind Cave National Park: The Snake Pit Entrance


The constant rain is starting to get a bit depressing. Today it rained all day. Because of the rain we did not do much adventurous. Instead I got a haircut and went to the library. After that I headed home to read and listen to music. Meanwhile, Noelle took her turn driving to the library. After a few hours of reading I got antsy and headed out in the rain for a short hike. My goal was to visit the Snake Pit Entrance to Wind Cave. I started hiking past the Visitor Center, up a service road and then headed into drainage. It had been a long time since my last visit to the Snake Pit and, as a result, I had a difficult time locating it at first. After wandering around for a while, I realized my error and quickly found the entrance. I had gone quite a ways out of my way and gotten quite soaked in the process. However, I’m glad to have gotten outside, if only for a little while.

No comments: