Saturday, January 19, 2019

Freeze Yer Gizzard Blizzard 5k 2019

It was a cold night last night. Temperatures bottomed out at -38F. This morning, about a half an hour before the start of the race, the temperature reading was still only -33F.
Icebox Days would live up to its name this year!

I bundled up and headed out.
It was too cold for Noelle and Sierra to come out to cheer me on. The race started at promptly 9 am with the start time temperature at -31F! This would be the coldest run of my life.
Considering how little training I did for this race, I feel I did pretty well. I came in 8th overall, with a time of 24:09. That comes out to about a 7:46 pace per mile. 

3 comments:

luksky said...

Wow, that is cold! I would have most likely froze solid. Good Job on the race.

Eric, Noelle and Sierra Grunwald said...

Thanks! It was cold, but a worthwhile endeavor.

Licky Sticky Picky She said...

This was a lovely blogg post