Thursday, September 25, 2008

Walking Tour of Lexington, Kentucky

I was done with class by noon today, and it being the beautiful day that it was, I decided I would take some time to pole around Lexington a little bit. I finally made it to the beautiful Lexington Cemetery which is the final resting place of Henry Clay
and Adolph Rupp amongst others. From there I headed over to the Gratz Park area where I walked around a neighborhood that faintly reminded me of parts of Old City Philadelphia. I took a look at the Paterson Cabin,
the Hunt-Morgan House and the Carnegie Library. Finally I finally visited Thoroughbred Park
which I ride past daily on my bicycle on the way to work. It's a nice little park and the sculptures there are really amazing! (It's too bad the park is an island surrounded by busy roads.)

No comments: