Friday, May 8, 2009

The Final Day at McConnell Springs


Today was my last day working at McConnell Springs Park. It was a good day. I got out and did some invasive removal, tackling both garlic mustard and bush honeysuckle. I got a little bit sad at the end of the day. I know I've worked so hard there to make the park just a little bit better. I also know that I could have accomplished a whole lot more if we had stayed longer. The park, despite its shortcomings, will always hold a special place in my heart. I hope to return some day and see the park in even better shape than I left it, but I doubt that will happen.The Friends of McConnell Springs bought Noelle an I a paver with our name engraved for a going away present. I guess that in a way we'll always be a part of McConnell Springs.

No comments: