Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wind Cave National Park: Bishop Fowler’s Loop


Tonight after work Jason led Noelle, Scott, Jeri, Tami, and I on the Bishop Fowler’s Tour route. We’d each been in there before but it had been a while since Noelle and I had been in there. The trip was quick; it only took an hour, but it was a very interesting trip. There was a lot to see along the way. One of the most interesting things about the route is all the old graffiti along the way. There were several Alvin McDonald signatures, including a message he wrote about his discovery of the Fairgrounds. There is also a lot of flowstone along the tour route which is unusual for Wind Cave. When we arrived at Mammoth Gallery, Jason set up a photo shoot. It took a little bit of time, but the results were worth it.
All in all, a fun trip (and my first time caving in Wind Cave this summer)!

1 comment:

Ranger said...

I think Noelle and I may have gone on the Bishop Fowler's at the same time! An awesome trip!