Thursday, May 19, 2011

Walking Parker to Poop Park

On my runs along Skyline Parkway near the Copper Top Church I've often noticed that it sounds like cascading water on the downhill side of the parkway. I'd had always wondered if there was a way to get to the possible falls location without trespassing on anyone's property. Finally, I figured out a way to get to them. On my walk to work I pass a dead end street that I figured must lead to near the base of the falls. Today after work I decided to walk Parker down that street to see if we could get a view of the falls.
parker at poop park
 What we found was an unofficial park that some neighbors have named Poop Park.
Poop park
I'm not sure I want to know why it's called Poop Park, but it is a pleasant little spot above a small creek with a bench and a sign. Below and just upstream are a small waterfall
lower falls
and a few cascades.
upper falls
 In addition, I found a trail that leads back up to Skyline Parkway. A nice little diversion on a weeknight.

No comments: