Saturday, July 11, 2015

Haines Shoe House

I love quirky, old tourist traps like this. Today, after leaving my good friend Dan's house, Noelle, Sierra and I headed east towards my parents house outside of Philadelphia. Some time back I noticed that there was a home shaped like a shoe just outside of York, PA and so I decided that today would be a great opportunity to visit the shoe house.

It was just as advertised: a house shaped like a shoe.
However, there were some nice little surprises like a shoe shaped dog house
(which Sierra really loved) and a shoe fence surrounding the place.
An added attraction for visiting was ice cream. I had a cone, while Noelle and Sierra ate theirs out of dishes.
It was a really nice visit to the type of place that they just don't build anymore!

No comments: