Saturday, April 15, 2017

Garvin Heights Park

Today seemed like a good day to get out of the house. A little research online for a place to go for a short walk that's not too far from Galesville, turned up Garvin Heights Park in nearby Winona, Minnesota. After a short visit with Grandpa at work and lunch at Culver's, we made our way up the bluff to Garvin Heights.
Garvin Heights plaque
The views from the park were as good as advertised.
girls at top
Mom admires view
I saw a trail headed down the bluff and talked Noelle into letting me walk down to the lower part of the park.
trail
She agreed and so I made the short, but steep,
stairs to top
walk down the bluff to Lower Garvin Heights Park.
Garvin Heights Rock
I beat them down and did a little exploring while I waited for them. I found this old, rusty water pump in the woods.
water pump

No comments: