Monday, May 13, 2019

International Falls Every Street Project: Day 9

A day off with warming temperatures and the scenery starting to look like spring,
and I set off to take advantage of it with a short run. Today's route would take me out Minnesota Highway 11. I passed the line of trailers used by the paper mill,
then the Border Patrol building.
Soon enough I passed over the creek at what's locally known as "Second Bridge"
and turned left onto County Road 21. According to maps I've looked at, the town border is a short ways up the road. I ran to its approximate location and then turned around.

At the Voyageurs National Park building
I turned right onto a strange divided section of gravel road.
This road is definitely an official road, but it doesn't show up in Google Maps. Still I figured I would give it a run. Supposedly it was built to attract a quality motel to town. I turned right once the gravel road intersected Highway 11 and started to make my way back to town. I saw a fox run through the field between the mill trailer parking area and the Border Patrol building.
It is difficult to see in the photo. A bald eagle was perched in a tree nearby.  

No comments: