Wednesday, May 15, 2019

International Falls Every Street Project: Day 10

Slowly but surely, the streets of the Falls are being gobbled up by my running shoes. Rickey Gates could probably run all the streets of International Falls in a day or two, but for someone out of shape like me, this endeavor will take about a month of running days at 3 to 4 miles per day. Still, days like today make the running easy. Today's run featured warm morning temperatures and sunny skies. In addition, I would be running some of the most pleasant neighborhoods in International Falls, the ones along the Rainy River.

I started from home and ran past Smoky Bear Park and back to Riverside Drive. After a quick side trip to take a look at the Rainy River,
I ran west on Riverside to an apartment complex, made a left onto 12th Avenue, and another quick left onto 2nd Street. I ran the block north and south on 10th Avenue and then headed out on MN 11 past the WPA era Sports Stadium
and back into the nearby trailer park to finish the roads in there I had missed last time. Then it was past the condemned former Knight's Inn
and on to Riverside Boulevard. I ran Riverside west to Park Avenue. I ran Park Avenue east, made a quick detour on Center Street and then returned to Hiway Lane.

I would run Hiway lane to MN-11 and then finished my run with a trip down the dead-end Terrace Lane.

No comments: