Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Superior Hiking Trail: Munger Trail to Magney-Snively Park


Finally, a really great hiking day. This morning the sun was out and the sky was blue. The aspens, maples, and birches were showing off their pretty colors. The hike today was the best one yet along the Superior Hiking Trail. There were plenty of views as the trail traversed many open rock ledges. The trail today also afforded an opportunity to do some "peak" bagging. I found myself on top of both Bardon's Peak and Ely's Peak. While the peaks were not at all high by any standards, they did offer some great views.




The hike today also offered a chance to hike a short portion of the Willard Munger Trail. This paved trail looked very interesting and I look forward to a chance to bicycle it this coming summer. After an 8.6 mile hike I found myself back at my car and headed home for lunch.

No comments: